Newest Chapters

      The Sorceress' Revolt    Dororo:The Child Wants to Live    Fire Hunter 1: Fire in Spring    Shijukara (Starting at 40)

Where the Wind Takes Us - Author's Note

 Where the Wind Takes Us

(Book 13 of the Guardian of the Spirit Series)

Author: Uehashi Nahoko
Translator: Ainikki the Archivist

Author's Note

    I stopped writing Where the Wind Takes Us in the middle I don’t know how many times. I wasn’t sure it would ever be finished! I tried to set it aside and forget about it; there are already two books of short stories about Balsa, so I didn’t really see the need for another one.
    Then the head editor who was working on the writing for the Guardian of the Spirit drama series approached me one day and asked if I ever intended to write more about Balsa’s past with Jiguro. I told him that I didn’t, then laughed, but the question prompted that idea in the back of my mind.
    I had a grasp of this new idea I wanted to explore almost instantly. I’m not sure why I was able to see it so clearly, especially after spending so many years not writing stories for the series. I think I was affected by the sudden loss of my mother, whom I loved deeply. I knew that I was writing about grief, and I tried to do it in a different way than Guardian of the Darkness, which is more about the death of a father, not a mother.
 
Uehashi Nahoko
Autumn 2018
Hiyoshihonchou


No comments:

Post a Comment